EaP PLUS supports Diaspora Workshop on quantum technologies
EaP PLUS supports diaspora workshop will be held on 21 November 2017 with a focus on quantum correlations and their application for quantum technologies.
Belarusian Institute of System Analysis and Information Support of Science and Technology, B.I.Stepanov Institute of Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus and Belarusian Physical Society will jointly organize an international research workshop on quantum correlations and their application for quantum technologies on 21 November 2017 in Minsk, Belarus.
The focus group of the Diaspora Workshop includes:
- Representatives of Belarusian scientific diaspora residing and working in the EU and interested in collaboration with their colleagues in Belarus in the focus and connected areas, in particular within the framework of EC-funded programmes. For the purpose of the Workshop we consider the broadest possible definition of diaspora, including scientists of Belarusian origin, expats and Belarusian citizens working abroad for long time or just temporarily;
- Local researchers from the academic sector and knowledge based industry interested in developing/strengthening links with their compatriots from EU and applying to HORIZON 2020 and COST.
The aim of the Diaspora Workshop is to
- contribute to strengthening of existing links with compatriots working in the EU and setting up new partnerships,
- oster knowledge exchange and intensify collaboration,
- timulate joint grant applications to HORIZON 2020 and COST programmes in thematic areas of the workshop.
The Diaspora Workshop is embedded in the program of the XV International Conference on Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (20–23 November 2017, Minsk).
The event is supported by the EaP PLUS project, which aims to stimulate cooperation between researchers from the EaP countries and EU member states and enhance participation of the Eastern Partnership countries in Horizon 2020 Framework Programme. Targeted cooperation with scientific diaspora is considered to be one of the ways to reach this goal.